Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Schlameel, Schlmozzle, Hossenfeffer inc.





You ever notice that most men who drive Mustangs are aggressive assholes? They cut you off and then give you the finger for just being in the way. I love the Zombies. You should, too. I'd like to start mentioning a few of my guilty pleasure songs and why I like them. I would imagine most people think I have crummy taste in music anyway. Sod 'em! Anyway, my current favorite guilty pleasure song is "If I Can't Have You" by Yvonne Elliman. Yes, it's the song from Saturday Night Fever. This is an awesome song. The chord changes, the spooky reverb on her voice...the sentiment of the song! Anyone else agree? Today, Johanna got picked for an awesome Montessori school for kindergarten. There was a lottery and she got picked. Way to go, Kiddo!
That's my girl! Tomorrow night is the Bamboo Room which ought to be interesting. So should the next day on little sleep.

8 comments:

Keith said...

Congrats on your kid winning the lottery! Montessori, eh? Does she speak Italian?

Always been a HUGE fan of that same song. Really, the whole soundtrack (ok, most of it) and the film, which was a big part of my childhood. I remember playing my Mom's vinyl copy over and over, as well as the 45s on the jukebox at Mike's Pizza (now Del Corso's) on 3rd Ave. and 71st. St in Bay Ridge, only blocks from where SNF was filmed. From the sidewalk in front of the pizza place, you could see the Verrazano Bridge. As a kid, I never realized just how dark that film is...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a few years ago I realized how well-constructed that song is, too.

Mike Vullo said...

I do like most of the soundtrack. I listened to it last week and I forgot how many instrumentals were on the thing. But I love the Bee Gees. Pretty funky for some white Aussies...or transplanted anyway.

Kristibelle said...

Yay for Johanna. We've just been officially welcomed by the office clerk as I turned in her acceptance form. Now we have 9 million forms to fill out. What should we volunteer for?

On a completely unrelated note: Could you please call me? Wife is sad.

Keith said...

Of course, Dave couldn't just like the song. Dave has to like it a few years before the rest of us...

Anonymous said...

Reading comprehension is not your greatest strength, Keith, but I would expect you to at least be able to decipher your own writing. I said I realized its charms a few years ago, but you said that you've always been a huge fan of it. So please tell me how that leads to me discovering it before you.

Kristibelle said...

Ha! It's awesome how you two snark at each other around the blogosphere. It's like I've been at a wedding for a few years and just happened to come by your table (waay in the back away from the dance floor) and said hi. Thanks for the larfs!:)

Keith said...

Allow me to rephrase, Dave:

Fuck you, you're slow.