Thursday, April 26, 2007

It Is A Four-Letter Word.





George Jones is not happy until he's breaking the fuck out of your heart. What's that? Don't like George Jones? Too twangy? Too country? Wehehelll! Lemme teach ya somethin', Buddy! George Jones is the King of Heartbreak. The guy is one of the great geniuses of Melancholia (like Patsy Cline, Otis Redding, Gene Clark, Brian Wilson, Gram Parsons, The Everlys, Hank Williams,Sr....just to name a few). Maybe folks think his music is low brow or not for smarty-pantses. Love and Heartbreak are not articulate. You're gonna tell me you haven't done something stoopid for love? When someone broke your heart in the worst way and treated you like crap you didn't pine for them? If that ain't stoopid, I don't know what is. Love is a stoopid emotion. It's totally primal. Say you're in love with..... your car. Someone comes up and keys it and you want to kill them....stupid, isn't it? Love's certainly made a fool of everyone reading this at one time or another. But we keep getting in the game 'cause it's impossible to live without. I can't do it. Gonna have to face it...You're adickandapud. That feeling when you know someone loves you. You can do no wrong and even the stoopidest things are magical. Go listen to George Jones and have a good cry...this one's on me. I'll be in Epcot for the weekend breaking my back carrying my little gorilla. I'll miss you, Blog. Feed the cats and restring the Telecaster please.

4 comments:

Kristibelle said...

'm bringing the laptop so I can start that article you keeps botherin' me about. I'm sure we'll have WiFi at the hotel if you start jonsin' for a blog.

PS WHOOO HOO!! I checked to see if you logged out and you hadn't so I didn't post under your name! For someone who knocked over a display at Office Depot, ran into a door and almost got in the wrong car twice today, I am so proud of myself right now.

Keith said...

See? What'd I tell ya about that xanax? ;-)

Have fun Epcotting!

Keith said...

Some albums oughtta comes with a box of tissues attached.

Not sure I want my heart broken today, but if I get a hankerin', at least I now know where to go...

peter said...

one thing's for sure, i'm not down when i hear "i'm down."