Saturday, April 21, 2007

AAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!






This was the scene from day one of the Mardi Gras thing at Cocowalk. It was actually very low stress. Parking was easy (and free!). I found out when I got there I didn't need to bring an extremely heavy amp. Damn. Kinda tired today and i'm sure it'll be more of the same tomorrow. I took this goo called Han's Honey Loquat yesterday thinking it would help my busted-up voice (i need all the help i can get) and it upset my stomach but seemed to do the trick. I wouldn't give Mario Lanza a run for his money, but I might make American Billy Idol. This guy from the band before us came up and played washboard with us which was cool. Kinda sounded like a credit card on a stubbly face. Tonight, i'm gonna try to say hello to Robin Zander from Cheap Trick who is one of the "headliners". You'll see it here if i'm successful.

4 comments:

Kristibelle said...

Are you going to scream
"ROBINNNNNN!" Like the girls from Live at Budokan? That would be awesome. He'd like that :)

Keith said...

I'd much rather have come to see you than to have been me last night. We played a new place with a nice-sized crowd, but I personally sounded like warmed-over dog turds all night.

Oddly, they invited us back and are talking about having us once a month. Hey, maybe this American Idol thing is doing some good after all? "American Idol--helping America lower its standards even further, if that's possible".

Mike Vullo said...

Last night i said to no-one in particular, "The worse we play, the more they love us" and it's true so don't beat yourself up...let Dave do it.

Keith said...

True dat, homie! Pooches gracias!