Monday, April 23, 2007

If We Couldn't Laugh, We Would All Buy A Bat.




Let me start by saying I hate violence. When I say within these walls (?)that I want to kill someone or commit some kind of violent act, i'm just saying it and would never do it. Hell, i'm afraid of small flying bugs that couldn't hurt me at all (which is bullshit. i've seen a palmetto bug rip a man's head clean off. one of these days i'll explain my fear.).

Now that that's clear, I must rant. I'm pulling up to my local[xxC';SAKDF ['QOPE4T]-QI3]R Q( i can't tell you why that just happened. i can only say it's something visual that just happened before mine eyes)Publix (pronounced pyoo-blix) and I witnessed a woman SMACKING her kid in the head REPEATEDLY and yelling for him to "GET IN THE FUCKING CAR". I was stunned and I had to put down the flamethrower for fear I would make her crispy. Please tell me, readers, I didn't feel this way just 'cause i'm a Daddy. This is pure evil. Granted I got smacked when I was a kid and, as far as I can remember, I deserved it but i'm older now and times have changed and I hate this sort of thing. I've NEVER even had to threaten Johanna in this way...nor would I ever. OK, i'm ready for the hate mail. Mom, you go first.

Sunday was Earth Day and I made sure one of the first things I did was listen to "Mother Nature's Son". Fantastic song. You go, Paul. The gig at Elwood's was OK. Keith showed up and got an earful of me me me. I'd like to take a break right now and shamelessly plug my friend Keith. A long long time ago, Keith would drive his car into the ground making sure yours truly had a ride to faraway gigs, while always praising and promoting. It continues to this day. Last night, we had a really long gut-spilling conversation and never once did he tell me to shut up. He's tirelessly listened to my crap for years and he still talks to me. I know you're reading this and I want you to know how I sincerely appreciate everything you do for me. I walked away last night feeling good after ranting to you and you didn't even charge the regular fees. I say, without a hint of being gay, I love you. You'll never know how much your friendship means to me....Damn. Check's in the mail. Have at it, Dave.

8 comments:

Keith said...

So here I was, reading away and ready to comment on how I abhor violence, especially when directed at children and animals, but I'll have to defer that 'cos now my eyes are filled with tears at your sincerely kind words, Mike. I think our entire friendship just passed before my eyes, and I saw some really, really good times in there. There's a bit of blank space in the middle somewhere (for which I may never stop apologizing), but that's why God created the fast-forward button.

It's gratifying to know that you feel about my friendship the way I feel about yours. You are an invaluable friend to me and a wonderful person on every level, and I love you too.

But, y'know, a real friend woulda said something about that ridiculous Eric-Roberts-Star-80-pimp-moustache I was sportin' back then. Yeesh. Sometimes denial demands confrontation.

Oh, and if we don't sound gay enough, those homoerotic photos you've posted oughtta rip the closet door right off the hinges.

And out will come Dave.

Mike Vullo said...

...wearing an Indian headdress and some assless chaps. Thanks for giving it back. I think the mustache was probably in style...at Levi's! I'm gonna have to dig out more pix. I have a turd load from L-7 with Mike (remember him?) and from my last days in this hellhole we call home. One racy one that involves that guy Richie and a pool cue. You figure it out.

Anonymous said...

I don't need to say anything, Mike. That picture says it all, right down to Keith's refusal to give a reacharound.

Kristibelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristibelle said...

My comment of last make no sense so I deleteded it.

You guys are so cool. Seriously, I know I tease you, Mike, about your long phone conversations and such, but Gabby and I are really lucky. Just sayin'.

That's my leg in the photo of Keith on the rocking horse. And the ankle bracelet. You can see your matching bracelet as well. (Mike'll 'splain that to you later Keith, but it's a cool story)You were visiting from Denver and I got to get to know Keith better that weekend. Fun times :)

I've already told you this, but if I would have seen this woman in the parking lot, it would have been hard not to have said something. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Keith said...

...and that's why we call him Reacharound Lifton!

I'm gonna root through my archives too, as I have a bazillion pics from the Acapulco Indian Burial Ground days. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't.

Yeah Kris, we chat like schoolgirls on the phone, or at least that's what m'wife says. And I was trying to place that leg n' bracelet...

Kristibelle said...

I have a second before I finish lunch so I'll tell you:

Waaay back in 1990, I was with my late great friend Susan at Summers on the Beach seeing her boyfriend (Trevor) play with The Trouble Boys. Mike had met a homeless dude at Burger King who was selling these nylon bracelets and he brought him over and encouraged everyone to buy one. We all did--the guy I was dating at the time and I bought 2, but they didn't match (he was pissed b/c I got the last purple and yellow one). He, Susan and Trevor took theirs off a few weeks later, I left mine on my ankle. For a really long time. Several times I almost cut it off, but for some reason I couldn't.

Flashforward to 1994. I am visiting Mike in Denver. He and I were sitting on the couch, both with huge secret crushes on each other and I happen to glance at his wrist and saw why my former boyfriend didn't get the other purple and yellow bracelet. Mike was still wearing it on his wrist. So it's one of those little things that linked us from the very beginning. And before that ;)

Keith said...

Hey, I remember Trevor! Great bracelet story. In fact, that may be the best bracelet story I've ever heard.

Mutual huge secret crushes are the best...especially when they end up working out!