Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Remember or Forget

It sure has been a while. I've been so nutty busy lately. I don't know if it was such a good idea to wait so long. I'm known for having a crap memory so this could get interesting. I guess I left off the week of the seven gigs. I don't even remember some of it so I'll start with the Dick Dale at Churchill's gig. It was nice to see so many people I know and respect. Issac, Ed, Charlie, Russell... We had to set up in front of Dick's gear so my drums were on the front edge of the stage. Someone was taking pictures right in my face. We played loud and well and then it was Star Time! Dick was great. Quite loud for a 74-year old. His wife was working the merch booth and I asked if he was gonna hang around and sign stuff (i promised the kid i would try to get her an autograph). The answer was yes but I discovered that you had to pay to have things signed. Keep away the riff-raff? As usual, I didn't have any money so I combed the car for change and came up with 10 dollars in change, bought a 5 dollar card and got in line. Some guy in front of me must've been an Ebay dealer 'cause he had stacks of stuff to sign. Dick yelled at him and kicked him out of line. The guy directly in front of me was this obnoxious twat who used to blow cigar smoke in my face at O'Hara's. Douchebag City! He was taking forever making bullshit convo with The Dick, irritating everyone. My turn came and I asked some musical questions while Vena snapped a few pix. Got the autograph and got the hell out of there. About nearly halfway home, I discovered I left my drums in the club! Boy, was I angry with myself. Luckily, they were still there.

No comments: